Symbolism of the Daisy Flower
In modern Paganism, daisies symbolize the sun just because they seem to appear like stars or suns.
In Victorian times, different species of daisies symbolized different things:
- Michaelmas daisy (Aster amellus) symbolizes a farewell or a departure.
- Gerber daises (those in the Gerbera genera) symbolize cheerfulness. They were often paired with ferns, which symbolize sincerity.
- English daisy (Bellis perennis) symbolizes innocence. They were often paired with primroses, which is a symbol for childhood and/or moss, which symbolized mother love.
What Does the Daisy Flower Mean?
At first, it can seem that there can be as many meanings for daisies as there are species of daisies. However, the most generally accepted meanings are:
- Innocence, especially with white daisies with yellow or pale centers.
- Purity – also shown by daisies that are as white as possible.
- New beginnings, which is why they are often found in bouquets for new mothers or as gifts for children.
- True love – because each daisy flower is really two flowers blended together in harmony.
- That the sender can keep a secret. Keeping a secret is one way a person can exhibit that they truly love another.
JUST BE HAPPY
◈ This Flora Allure is a mixed-media original, enhanced with spot embossing gel & acrylic paint on reclaimed/salvaged wood from local businesses. (Read more on wood in the bio section).
◈ Each painting is an original and of professional quality
◈ Signature on front of the piece. if there wasn't paper present when thoughts or to-do's came to mind OR when paint pens/brushes needed a little testing.
◈ Hanging hardware included on the back side of the piece. Wall hook not included.
◈ Please note that all art is painted on reclaimed/salvaged wood and may have variations from the picture that are difficult to see in the photos. Such variations may include grain pattern, color or texture inconsistencies, knots, dents and small imperfections. In most cases, the wood I have salvaged has been used in some way, shape or form, so these natural imperfections are to be expected. So, hopefully no splinters!
◈ Nail holes are purposely not filled in for these pieces as they speak to the journey traveled to get to you.
◈ Local pickup is available. Please message (email@example.com) prior to submitting your order to arrange!
Height - 7 1/2"
Width - 5"
Deep - 3/4"